Monday, January 19, 2009

There are 2 sides to Paige-Both Amazing!

As I sat down tonight to watch my lovely Monday night shows, I found myself relating to a specific character in ways I hadn't envisioned in the past. And the statement was made that summed up the character of this young lady in one short, sweet, simple phrase which I have now embedded into my own world,"There are two sides to Paige Adair Parsons, both amazing." For the longest time, and until this very day, I've been trying to pick sides, thinking one was better than the other, one was more responsible while the other was more free-spirited, one would work out better for the future while the other fit perfectly in the present. However, after tonight, and the slight epiphany I received after a night of television escape, the bottom line is, I don't have to choose. They both equally and amazingly represent me in every way.

Paige's mind-----is thoughtful, many times lost in her own thoughts, visions, plans of what her life will be, should be, and someday these plans may form the reality of her life. She's a perfectionist in the most obscure ways, putting on that smile, dressed to impress, speaking words of encouragement and wisdom, her own form of wisdom that is; but she is wise, always giving advice, hoping to help or impact the life of someone around her. She's lived and experienced the world in ways she longs to share with others, hoping they'll learn from her mistakes since she struggles to learn from them herself. She longs for true love, it invades her soul. She longs to be needed, to touch the world around her in whatever way she can. She's caring, and cares for certain individuals more than she'll ever understand, but nonetheless, she truly cares. She's responsible about the decisions she makes that will impact not only her, but those around her. She's spiritual, but it's personal to her and she doesn't share this side with many, but it's genuine, it's true.

Paige's soul-----is spontaneous, always living for the moment, embracing every ounce of life whether it be healthy or destructive, she doesn't care, because somehow, someway she'll find the good in it, in you. She'll take a chance on life, on love; she'll take a thousand chances on love and she will find it someday. She loves attention, at times she craves it, whether it be for her spirit, her attitude, her appeal, she wants you to want her, and she wants to want you, in some way. She enters the room and searches for eye contact, to be seen, to be noticed for the unique individual she is. Her spirit never fades, it's less visible in times of darkness, but nonetheless it's still there. She's loud, she's proud, she's passionate, for life, for the very moment she's living; she makes a statement in whatever way she can. Others may think it's a show, an act, but it's me, and those who truly know me, can always see.

So when I take these two aspects of myself:my mind, my soul; I find that there's one key element that's still missing, a crucial elment, and that's my HEART which is a perfect combination of both my mind and my soul. It's the good, the bad, the beauty, the pain, the understanding, the questions....but it's me, and I am proud to say that every piece forms the individual that I am, and I'm thankful that I can finally see and embrace them both. It's not all black and white; I am blessed that I can see the gray!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! You are beautiful! I love that you are seeing and embracing every bit of who you are. SHINE IN 'O9, Red Velvet. I love you!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete